Beetroots, or beets, have risen in popularity now that researchers have identified links between drinking beetroot juice and lowered blood pressure, reduced inflammation, and improved athletic performance.
Beetroots have an excellent nutritional profile that includes plenty of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They also contain unique bioactive compounds called betalains, which may benefit a person’s health.
Here I am sharing easy beetroot food recipes, facemask and hair masks made of beets and healthy smoothie recipe.
1.EASY BEETROOT APPLE SMOOTHIE
1 medium beet, 1 small apple, 2 celery stalks, 1/2 lemon or 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 inch small piece of ginger, 1/2 cup of water
Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy this fresh smoothie for that morning energy rush. So fresh and simple!
2. SALAD- Make a Beetroot Arugula Salad
This is a quick and simple salad that tastes wonderfully gourmet. Arugula leaves have a spicy, mustard-like flavor that is balanced out by the dates and beetroot.⠀
Ingredients (Serves 2)
• 2 small beetroots, peeled⠀
• 2 cups chopped spinach leaves⠀
• 1 cup arugula leaves⠀
• 6 walnuts, soaked and crushed⠀
• 1⁄4 cup grated coconut⠀
• 1⁄2 avocado, chopped (optional)⠀
Middle Eastern Dressing⠀
1/2 cup chopped cucumber⠀
4 dates, seedless⠀
1/4 cup cilantro or coriander⠀
1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice⠀
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder⠀
1/4 tsp salt⠀
1. Chop the beetroot and steam it until soft.⠀You can also grate the whole steamed/raw beetroot.
2. Place the steamed beetroot into a large mixing bowl, along with the spinach, arugula, coconut, walnuts, and avocado (optional).⠀
3. To prepare the Middle Eastern Dressing, place all the dressing ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.⠀
4. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss well and serve.⠀
Tip: Add vegetable sprouts to the salad for maximum nutrition.⠀
3. SKIN REMEDIES- BEETROOT FACE PACK
Prepare this face-pack by adding 3 tablespoons of yogurt to 4 teaspoons of beetroot juice. Mix it well and with the help of a cotton swab, apply this mixture to your face and neck.
Leave it for 8-10 minutes and massage it gently. Rinse it off with warm water.
This face-pack will help replenish the moisture in your skin leaving it supple and moist.
For DARK CIRCLES: Beetroot helps in lightening the stubborn dark circles too.
Take 1 teaspoon of beetroot juice and mix in a few drops of almond oil to it. Massage it on the area under your eyes. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
4. HAIR REMEDIES: MAKE A HAIR MASK
All you need is the juice of 2-3 beetroots (depending on your hair length) and some ground coffee.
Mix both together to form a hair mask and rub it in your scalp and apply the rest to your hair.
Leave it in for an hour and then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
So keep that Beetroot handy when you're in a skin/hair/health/food emergency and stay healthy.
Let me know in the comments below if you want more beetroot food recipes and easy, simple home remedies.